Saturday, March 31, 2007

Skinny Linny

I finished my linen stitch scarf - finally! I love it. I think I'll wear it to work on Monday... I haven't written up the pattern yet; that's next. Although, it is a very simple pattern, knit length-wise on large needles with a linen stitch. I used 5 colors of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk - it was wonderful to work with! (Plus, there's lots left over to make a hat if I want.) It will be a store sample at 3 Kittens, and we'll probably have it as a free pattern with purchase of yarn to make it. Plus, I might do a class out of it. I used an interesting cast-on for the scarf - a chain cast on done with a crochet hook and a knitting needle (although any cast-on would probably work, I liked the look of this one for the project). And, I did the cast-off in a different way as well (once again, the normal cast-off would probably work, too). Plus, the linen stitch, while fairly simple for those who have used slipped stitch patterns in the past, can present some problems for newbies. So, I think it could be a fun class to teach.



Now, I have to decide what to do next - work on the Sunrise Circle jacket or start a new sample for the store. I brought home a beautiful orange Berroco Touche today to crochet the Curtis sweater. But I still have the crochet sweater from Happy Hooker to do as well. Plus, of course, there's always the 7 year afghan and the Macalester College scarf and...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: