I've been trying and trying to post this photo from my new phone with no success - until now. Yeah! This is the brick cover I've been working on for a while. Since I took the picture, I've actually gotten a lot more done
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Current projects I'm working on:
A brick cover with a comic fox and hounds
A pillow or wall hanging with a stick figure and quote that says "I'm in shape...round is a shape"
A Babette afghan
A pleated skirt out of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
A 3/4 sleeve drapey cardigan out of Berroco Origami
A cap sleeve summer top out of Tahki Superior
A open front cardigan with empire waist out of Noro Silk Garden Light
A pair of Flutterby socks out of K1C2 Crock-o-Dye
I'm sure there are other projects out there that are languishing, but that's all I can think of right now.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
By the way, if you haven't tried it yet, you should check out Priceline for great travel deals. I stayed last night at the Silver Cloud Inn just outside of downtown - 2 1/2 star hotel (according to Priceline) and by naming my price I got the room for only $60. The next few nights I'll be staying at the Doubletree Inn at Lloyd Center where the Knit and Crochet Show is being held, so I didn't get any special deals for that, but on my last night in Portland, I'm staying at a 3-star hotel near the airport for only $45! Crazy!
Here's a photo from my current hotel room (at the Silver Cloud Inn):
Not much to look at (except my rental car on the left), but very adequate.
Today we're hiking to a waterfall. It's supposed to rain this afternoon, but that's o.k. I don't mind getting wet. Before we go there, I'll be visiting Knit/Purl in downtown and the needlepoint store that's next door.
By the way, I'm reading a very funny book about losing weight: Jen Lancaster's Such a Pretty Fat.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Still knitting, crocheting and needlepointing as much as possible (DUH!).
I'm looking forward to heading to Portland, Oregon in a week and half to visit my son and to attend the Knit and Crochet Show. I'm taking a couple of hairpin lace classes (with Hansen? the Stitch Diva) as well as a crochet class with Lily Chin. I'm looking forward to it!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
- I like food. Really! I especially like sweet things. And salty things. Sweet and salty together is extra special. I think I should stop eating sugar, but it's really hard. I have done it before, but it wasn't fun and I missed it too much!
- I work too much. I love my job. I love owning 3 Kittens. But the truth is that it's really hard to eat well when I spend so much time at work.
- I don't get enough exercise - or any right now for that matter. I realized recently that in order to exercise, I really need to have a goal. When I am training for a marathon, I at least get in a few training sessions a week. When I was working towards my black belt in karate, it was easy to get motivated. I would like to go back to karate, but see #2 above. And, I'm not planning on starting to train for another marathon until May.
- I have a gluten intolerance. It's not too hard to eat gluten-free, but it does make it more difficult to eat quick and easy things. And fast food is almost impossible.
- I think I may have a thyroid issue. I've had my thyroid tested and it keeps coming back in the normal range, but I'm not convinced. My biggest symptom (other than my weight gain) is that I am tired all the time. I've even gone in for a sleep study, after which the doctor told me I just needed to get more sleep. Unfortunately, even if I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, I'm as tired as if I get 6.5-7.5 hours per night. SIGH!
Anyway, those are the issues that are plaguing me. That said, I am still going to keep trying!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
My DH says he can get a longer wire, but not tempered - in other words it will bend. He'll have to heat-treat it in order to make it unbendable. So the project is on hold until sometime next week...
WLP: Much better today... Not perfect, but better.