Saturday, March 24, 2007

Purls

I'm visiting Tucson until next Tuesday, staying at the Hilton El Conquistador Resort (which makes you pay to access the wireless internet - jeez, as if we aren't paying enough for our rooms!). Anyway, I decided to go visit a local yarn shop today. Unfortunately, I left my camera with my husband so he could take photos of the kiddos in the pool, so no pictures for you... I visited Purls North (they also have a larger store, Purls East). It was a fairly small store with a decent selection of sock yarns, novelty yarns, Prism, Encore, and (drum roll, please) Habu Textiles kit. I so want to get Habu Textiles at 3 Kittens! They had a to-die-for sweater in the store made out of steel and wool yarn! It looks better in person than this photo. I wanted to buy the kit for myself, but I held back. I would really like to also try their paper yarn. The manager of the store said that one of her co-workers at the other store made a sweater out of a Habu Textiles paper yarn and when worn, it sounds like wind whispering through a pine forest! Cool! Maybe we can get a few kits in the store even if we can't get a lot of yarns... Anyway, the store was a nice little store, and seemed quite busy. I only bought a crochet hook, and I was given a 10% discount because I was staying at a local resort, which I thought was a nice bonus.
I've been knitting a lot on the linen stitch scarf this trip, so I'm almost done with it. Then, I plan on working on the Sunrise Circle jacket - I have to get that done!!

No comments: