Saturday, March 03, 2007

Harry Potter KAL

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Have been since the first book came out. I've read all the books twice (well, the first one, I've probably read 3 or 4 times, and I may not have read the 6th one twice - yet), and listened to all of them on CD during drive time with the kids. I've seen all of the movies - multiple times. I took the kids to see the last one about a week after I had had major surgery, and right before Harry goes to fight his dragon, a blood vessel popped (I actually felt it), and I had to leave the movie and go have emergency surgery. (That was fun... not!) Anyway, you get the idea. So I've joined the Harry Potter and the Book Seven KAL, and am planning to not only read (or listen) to all of the books again before the next book comes out, but also to make at least one Harry Potter related item. The first thing I want to make is a Weasley Cell Cozy. I'm not going into the store today, so I can't pick out yarn, but on Monday, that will be one of the first things I do.



I have an FO to report due to our big storm (officially 13.5" plus the 12+" from the weekend before)... I made another of the funky felted chickens from the Toving Tema 11 pattern book. I don't have a photo of the new one, but it's orange with pink legs and a red comb on his head. I sewed some cute heart buttons on the front and a couple of green beads for the eyes. Customers at 3 Kittens keep saying, "What a fun carrot." EEK! I finally got a beak on him before I left the store last night. Hopefully that will give everyone a clue that it's a chicken. But it has given me an idea... I could make a carrot out of one with greenery at the top instead of the comb. It could be fun.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Your GoF blood vessel popping story is scary!
Welcome to the knit along!
I am completely green with envy as I look at your snow picture in this post. We haven't had a good snow here in many, many years.

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I want to check out The Prestige. Hugh Jackman and David Bowie. Fun! The cell phone cozy looks like a fun little knit. Enjoy.