Monday, March 19, 2007

Oops!

I can't believe it's been 5 days since I last posted!! EEK! I haven't been knitting or crocheting much, so I suppose that's why I haven't felt like posting anything. I am working on a linen stitch scarf for the store. Here's a small detail photo of it (sorry the quality's not very good):

I wanted to do a long, skinny scarf from side-to-side (vs. end-to-end), so I cast on 433 sts, and started in with the linen stitch - two rows with the first color, then switch and do two rows with the next color, etc. I'm using five spring-like colors of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk which is a dream to work with except for the fact that my balls are falling apart (I have a yarn bra on one of them, but the rest are on their own). Each row takes about 15 minutes to complete. I plan on putting a nice multi-color fringe on each end. This scarf should wrap around the neck a couple of times with plenty of length at the end to hang down. We may use this pattern for one of our "Tie One On" scarf classes at 3 Kittens.


We're also planning a KAL at the store for Sally Melville's Einstein Coat.

I've wanted to do this coat for a long time, and now I can get other people to do it at the same time. I love garter stitch - it's great fun to knit and has wonderful construction possibilities. I've picked out and ordered my yarn - Reynolds Rapture. Rapture is a silk and wool blend which will be perfect for a fall and spring jacket. I figure I'd better get my yarn all in hand if I'm going to be leading the KAL. I think we'll meet each month for 4-6 months, then at the end we'll throw a party and fashion show.

I'm off on vacation in a couple of days - Tucson, Arizona. I'm not sure if I'll get around to posting on the blog until I'm back around the 27th. You may get lucky though...

No comments: