Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wrists & WW

My wrist is sore! UGH! It started hurting yesterday as I was crocheting in the car on the drive from Tucson to Phoenix. It's been hurting ever since. I've never had carpal tunnel symptoms, and I'm hoping that this isn't the start of that. No knitting or crocheting for me today - and I am wearing a brace; however, I have been on the computer much of the day which hasn't really helped!


Started Weight Watchers again today - and I'm a complete witch! Just ask my family. God, the first few days of a "diet" or "food plan" or whatever you want to call it are HELL. But, after seeing some of the photos from our trip and trying to fit into my summer clothes from last year, I realized I have to do something. Not to mention, that I would like to run my next marathon (Twin Cities in October) a bit faster, and the only way to do that is by losing weight and training better. Anyway, I've completed one day, and I'm going to keep at it, One Day at a Time. (I am still sugar free - tomorrow it will be 3 weeks!)


By the way, on our trip we did some geocaching. My sister-in-law, Kristin, had recommended it and brought along her handheld GPS. It was a blast. Basically, you go to the geocaching website, enter where you are (via zip code or latitude/longitude), and it will tell you the lat/long of a hidden cache near where you are. Then you go find it. Here I am trying to find our first one:
It took us quite a while to find the first hidden treasure (an Altoids box in a plastic bag), but we persisted. The "cache" is always a waterproof container with a log that you sign. People leave things in the container, and you can take something from the container if you wish as well. I left my business card in a couple of them. We found a cool thing in one (that's Kristin):
Can you tell that it's a Team in Training logo? Actually, it's one of the temporary tattoos that we put on our faces or arms before the race. Cool, huh?

No comments: