Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thanks, Dear Readers

Thank you to the lovely comments I've had about the squirrel. Maybe I'll have to make another one - after the bunnies and another hedgehog and maybe a sheep or two...


Also, thanks to all the sympathy for my poor health lately. I feel rather sheepish, since it's really only a cold. I can't believe how many colds I've gotten since buying 3 Kittens Needle Arts in October. I don't know if it's because I'm being exposed to more viruses in the store or due to stress or simply because I haven't been able to get my allergy shots on a regular basis. Probably some combination of all three! Anyway, my goal is to get back to taking my allergy shots weekly until I build back up to my optimum level, and combat stress by getting back to my karate and running. I can't do anything about being exposed to stuff at the store or through my kids - except wash my hands ... alot!


Here's the latest FO. I can't take full credit for all of it, since I had Rosemary Kosel (Janine's mother) do the cloth part, since my seamstress skills are limited at best (I can do a very uncomplicated archer costume for my son, but that's about it). It's crocheted - as if you couldn't tell - from a pattern from Candy Babies by Candi Jensen. The crochet part was really quick - it was a great first project after the ubiquitous crocheted scarf. (O.K., also after the Olivia's Shrug, but since I ended up ripping that all out, I can't really count that, can I?) I'm shipping it off to my new niece, Alex, tomorrow. She's the yawner in the photo. I haven't been able to see her yet, because she lives in far away Olympia, Washington, but her pics are really cute.
Anyone who lives in the Twin Cities, we have a fun couple of workshops with Kay Kaduce and Judy Jacobs of Whimsey & Sparkle on St. Patrick's Day, Saturday, March 17, and on Sunday, March 18. Kay and Judy specialize in wet felting and needle felting. The Saturday evening workshop is to make a wet felted flower corsage. On Sunday, the full-day workshop will create a one-of-a-kind needle felted purse. There are photos of the samples on the home page of the 3 Kittens website if you're interested.

No comments: