Sunday, March 11, 2007

Photoless

My husband took my camera to Florida to a car show, the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, where he was showing a customer's car, so alas no photos today. That's o.k., though, because I don't really have any knitting news today. I have finished my first project for the Harry Potter KAL, a iPod cozy in the shape of one of Ron's sweaters. It was supposed to be a cell phone cozy, but it's a bit large, and since I have a 20G iPod, it will fit that perfectly. Otherwise, I haven't knit much in the last couple of days. I've been busy with kids and finances instead.

What is it with tax season? My accountant wants my information every year by March 15th, and I know that every year. Yet, consistently, I'm scrambling to put it together at the last minute. Last year, we ended up filing for an extension, because I just couldn't get it all done in time. I'm afraid that's going to happen again this year. And, the sad thing is that it's not even because I'm a disorganized person. Nope. I keep all of my charitable receipts and various other necessary items all together in a file so they're all available come tax time. I keep up with my finances with Microsoft Money, so I can easily print reports at the end of the year. But, yet, I still can't get my stuff done on time. SIGH! Oh well - at least I have an excuse this year - too busy with 3 Kittens!

I took my 14-year-old daughter clothes shopping today. A depressing experience for me... She's got a great figure - long legs, thin. Clothes are made for her body type. That's not what was depressing. And, it wasn't the money either - she's a bit of a tomboy, so she doesn't care all that much about clothes and only wants the minimum... No, what was depressing was seeing my frumpy old self in all of the mirrors. UGH! O.K., I know this is all compounded by not working out much lately, but still. I'm much better off if I don't look in the mirrors! I also know that I can always look better with nicer clothes, but I have really gotten into the habit this winter of throwing on my jeans and a hand-knit sweater and walking out the door. Very little thought about fashion and how things actually make me look. Anyway, it was not a very fun experience.

By the way, I've gone sugar free - for now at least. 3 days down. Hopefully, more to come. To paraphrase my 16-year-old, I only have to not have sugar today. One day at a time...

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

My 14 year old boy has the same shopping philosophy - in and out man! This helps me with the mirror issues, I don't have time to look!