Thursday, April 05, 2007

Crocheted Cardi


I've been working on the back of the Berroco Touche crocheted cardigan. It's pretty fast going, although I still haven't figured out how to measure my gauge with crochet. It's not as clear cut as measuring knitted fabric. Anyway, my gauge on the back is off by about an inch. I'm not too concerned about it since it's going to be a store sample. I'm making the smallest size anyway, so it's not meant to fit me.... Besides bright orange would not be my first choice for a color, but Janine (our right hand woman at 3 Kittens - what would we do without her?) suggested doing it in a color that not everyone would like. Her philosophy is that if someone likes the sweater despite the fact that it's an unappealing color (for that person), they will buy the yarn to make it in another color, and if someone really wants orange, we can always order it for her. It really is a lovely orange - the photo doesn't do it justice, but I'm not really an orange wearer. I will wear orange if it's combined with something else though. And I could see this sweater with a simple white t-shirt or cami underneath.


No comments: