Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Spend A Little More, Laura

O.K., so I've been spending a little too much dinero at 3 Kittens lately. I've had some computer issues - for instance, our "geek" was there today setting up the POS system so I can get it up and running and tested before we start using it for real - and that just gives me way too much time to browse and buy, buy, buy. This morning I had a meeting for Macalester College's Alumni Board - specifically, the Student Support Services Committee of which I am co-chair - in prep for our full board meeting next week, and I had a flash of inspiration to make a scarf in the school colors (orange & blue), so while the guy was working on the computers, I picked out a lovely skein of Kureyon (sorry, no photos - my DH has my photo card today) and then some beautiful Lang Mille Colori, both with lots of orange and some blue. In addition, I've been looking for a smallish (but not too small) tote to carry around a project. I have a large tote that I carry everything in, but I was rather embarrassed to go to a meeting at school last week and carry in my zip-lock baggie with my Sunrise Circle Jacket piece because I didn't want to lug the big tote in. On Thursday I tried out a lovely satiny tote from Lantern Moon, but alas it was too small. Then on Saturday, I picked out a Tilli Tomas drawstring silk bag on which you are supposed to knit a cover & some Fiesta La Boheme for the cover- but I just don't feel like knitting a cover. So, today, I bought a cute little square Lantern Moon "lantern" tote with a drawstring closure on top and a handle - perfect. The Tilli Tomas and La Boheme will go back tomorrow. I'm not sure about the Kureyon, but I have started a crocheted scarf in the Mille Colori - and I love it. I'll put a photo on the blog tomorrow.

Does anyone else have any great ideas for a small tote? Sheryl Lange has designed a smaller version of the Kaliedoscope Tote, but she hasn't gotten us the pattern for it yet. I think that would be a great small project bag.

No comments: