Tuesday, February 13, 2007

He's Home!

My son, Christian, returned home from Hazelden today. He's been in and out of chemical dependency treatment for the past year (really, he was only home for about 8 weeks in that whole time). I'm excited to have him home - and nervous. But I think he's in a good place right now mentally and emotionally. He'll be going back to Sobriety High School tomorrow and working with a counselor from Addiction Intervention Resources for the next year. It's an exciting time for us. One of the first things that he wanted to do when he got home was play his own guitar (there were guitars at Hazelden, just not his own).



No work for me today... sigh! But the computer - which did have a virus - is back at the store, so I'll jump right back in tomorrow.



I started work on the Fiber Trends squirrel last night with Lite-Lopi and Needful Yarns Temptation for the tail.


I also swatched some SWTC Bamboo for a crocheted short sleeve sweater. But earlier I swatched some Louisa Harding Grace Silk and Wool for a long sleeved tunic from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. I should do the tunic, because if I get it done in time, I can take it to Tucson in March when we go down there for Spring Break. Here are the swatches:

The swatch on the right is too small, so maybe what I should do is swatch it up with a larger hook and see which one I like the feel of working with better...

No comments: