Saturday, February 10, 2007

I've Come Unravelled

The Berroco Pronto shrug is now unravelled. I can't face starting it again right away, though, so it will sit for a day or two. In the meantime, I'm just about finished knitting the left front of my Sunrise Circle jacket. Yippee! I've only been knitting on it since last May or so. O.K., so I've completed lots of other things since then, but it's frustrating to be moving along so slowly on this. Of course, it's not a mindless-knitting project, and I have been enamored of crochet lately... I also have a sample I'm crocheting for the shop from the most recent issue of Crochet Today magazine. I'm making one of the Spring Fever Glovelettes (not a pair, because we really only need one for the store) out of Mondial's Dolce Mohair (60% kid mohair, 40% acrylic). I should be able to finish up with it tonight and post a photo tomorrow.

We had a great staff meeting at the store this morning. I let everyone know that I had ordered the POS system and that we hope to have it up and ready to go in March sometime. In addition, we talked about all of the great classes we have coming up (visit the 3 Kittens Classes page for more info and photos of the projects) and the wonderful needlepoint trunk show we have right now (Once in a Blue Moon canvasses). During the meeting which my partner Cis was leading, I was able to finish knitting a swatch of Dale Stork for the shop - on sizes 0, 1 & 2 needles - EEK!

I'm having so much fun making things lately - I love the energy and creativity that I get from the store - the fibers, the projects, the patterns, customer and staff ideas, etc. I'm being much more productive with my fiber arts than I have been in years. And I love it!

No comments: