Sunday, February 11, 2007

Other Things

Well, I didn't finish the left front of the Sunrise Circle Jacket in time to get a photo for this post - but I only have one row to go! Then I have to decide how to deal with the hem. I'll probably pull out my copy of The Principles of Knitting by June Hiatt and see what she recommends. She'll probably have some nifty way of doing it other than the traditional bind off and sew down method. If you haven't had a chance to look at this book before I highly recommend it. It is long out of print, and www.bookfinder.com says it is one of the top 10 most requested books. You can currently get it at Amazon for just under $250 - used! I wouldn't sell my copy for that though - it's much too valuable to me. You might be able to get it from your local library though to look at.

I did finish the Spring Fever Glovelette last night.

I don't love the colors, although they are somewhat spring-like, and the Dolce Mohair does stripe beautifully. I will block it tonight along with a couple of swatches I made for the store.

O.K., onto "Other Things." I've been really struggling lately with my food issues and weight. I know - I did just complete a marathon, but frankly I was appalled with the photos of me running when I saw them. I looked gigantic! I know that if I lost 30-40 lbs I'd be able to complete the next marathon much faster. But, I just can't seem to get going on any kind of weight loss plan right now. I signed up for Weight Watchers online a few weeks ago, which is how I lost weight the last time I tried. And, while I know the program works, I just can't seem to stick to it right now. I also tried giving up sugar - but it only lasted 4 days, then I caved. SIGH! I want to lose weight, but I need somebody to motivate me - I need a weight loss buddy. Any takers?... The other thing that's getting to me is I really don't feel like exercising right now. I did run a couple of miles this morning, and I hope to be able to run a couple of more times this week and go to at least one karate class. But, 3 Kittens calls to me. I'd much rather be there right now than taking time to exercise. I know that's a huge trap waiting to ensnare me - and my foot's already part way in the rope. Exercise gives me balance and calms me. Work, while really enjoyable (God, I love going in every day!), is very stressful, and I need to eat well and exercise in order to combat that stress... So right here and right now, I'm committing to running 3 times this week and attending karate once. Plus, I will follow Weight Watchers religiously this week. One week's not so hard - then I can reassess.

I've had my say. I've made my vow. I'm sticking to it!

No comments: