Thursday, March 23, 2006

On Vacation

I've been in beautiful Northwest Florida since last Saturday. I am sad to say that I haven't gotten much knitting done, but I've been enjoying riding bikes around the cute little communities of Water Color and Seaside. Seaside is where the movie "The Truman Show" with Jim Carey was filmed. It's an adorable little town. We've been vacationing here for 5 years, and I love it! Our favorite haunts are Roly Poly (a sandwich place), Bears at the Beach (a make your own stuffed animal store) and Fired Up (a ceramics studio where you paint and they bake). It's been a little cool here, so I haven't ventured out on the beach much. But we're staying in Water Color and the pools are heated here, so I have gone swimming a couple of times. We also have a ping-pong table in the house we're renting, so I've been doing a bit of that. And I'm reading - The Queen's Fool by Phillipa Gregory - which I highly recommend.

I'm still knitting on the modular sweater from Vogue Knitting. The first night we were here I knitted on it a little bit, but the next day our relatives started arriving (there are 18 of us here now in four different houses) and I haven't picked it up since then. Maybe tonight.

More when I return from Florida!

No comments: