Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Knitting Olympics saga continued

Well, I stayed at home last night to work on my Knitting Olympics project - instead of going to see Brokeback Mountain which I really wanted to do. I got most of the trim done, but it's still not finished. Tonight is the night! I swear! The problem is that the trim is crochet, and I'm just not a great crocheter. I can knit up a storm. Recently I was sitting in a waiting room at a doctor's office, and I was knitting (on the Knitting Olympics) project and reading a magazine and talking to my husband when necessary, but I couldn't even work on the crochet trim last night while I watched t.v. I know it will get done, but I feel like a bit of a failure for not having finished by the time the flame went out at the Olympics. Of course, I suppose I'm a bit like the athletes who came in last in their events. At least they made it to the Olympics and competed. And so did I!

No comments: