Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Home Again - SIGH!

We got back on Saturday night after a lovely, albeit chilly, week in the panhandle of Florida. I have no tan (not that I ever tan anyway), and later this week it will be almost as warm here in Minnesota as it was in Florida, but I'm not complaining.

I'm in a bit of a knitting slump. I started work on the VK (Vogue Knitting) sweater I spoke about a few posts ago with the yarn that I pictured (Bamboo), but I'm just not sure I like the overall effect. I love the yarn, and I love the pattern. I'm just not sure I love them together. I may take the yarn and switch it to a short sleeve t-shirt in a garter ridge (3 rows K, one row P) done side to side. I think it would look really great like that. Then I'll still have to find another yarn to make the VK sweater. I'm starting to think a solid or more subtle variegated yarn would be better and possibly something with a little more loft. I looked at one of my local yarn stores, The Yarnery, today, but I didn't see anything that I loved for the sweater. I'll keep you posted...

My home computer is on the blink again. The computer fix-it place says the motherboard is fried, so they're replacing it. I have no idea how long it will take, but my posts will be somewhat infrequent until it's up and running again... More knitting time!

Question: Does anyone out there belong to the Disney Vacation Club? I'd like any opinions you might have. Thanks.

No comments: