Saturday, March 04, 2006

Back in the Saddle


I wasn't able to write yesterday, but I took these photos of my Knitting Olympics sweater on Thursday night and altough I'm further than this now, I thought you might like to see my progress.
You can see that the sleeve edgings are done. (Of course they've been done since Monday - it's the body edging I'm having problems with.) The good news is I'm almost done now! Just one last half round of edging to go...

Weight Watchers has not been going well the last couple of days. I know that I really start to crave sweets when I'm under stress, and I've been at some functions over the last couple of days that have caused a bit of stress for me, and as usual I've turned to food. I know that there are other things that help me, it's just hard to turn to them when I'm stressed out. Deep breathing/medidation helps as does going for a walk or knitting or reading... Also, I have to be gentle on myself when I overeat/binge. I realized today that it's kind of like knitting for me. I like knitting not only for the end product, but also because of the process. It doesn't tear me up to rip something back because of a mistake, and a binge for me is like a mistake in my knitting that I've had to rip out. Do I then through in the towel? No. I pick up my kitting needles (or, in this case, my food plan) and I keep going from where I stopped. So that's the plan. Tomorrow's a new day, and I can do it!

No comments: