Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bad Blogger, Bad Blogger

Well, I've only had my blog for a few weeks, and already I'm not posting anything for days on end. Of course, I do have a good excuse! I've been attending the Parent Program at Hazelden Center for Youth and Families. My oldest son has been in a 28-day treatment program there, and this was a way for my husband and me to find out more about the Twelve Steps and his recovery and our role in it. It was a fantastic - but very draining - experience.

I thought I would get a lot of knitting done during the program, but alas I only finished a very easy scarf. I think it's called an Urban Legend scarf, although I'm not positive. I looked at a pattern at Needlework Unlimited briefly once, then just winged it at home. It is made out of some funky, multi-strand, hand-painted yarn (sorry, didn't keep the ball band). Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn as I was casting off today, so I'm going to have to take out the cast off edge and re-cast off with a contrasting yarn. I'll have to think about it... I also worked a bit on a knitted bath mitt as a sample for my website. I wrote the pattern years ago for a knit list gift exchange, put I don't have a photo of the original. I should have that done in a few days. I'll post pictures of both items as soon as I can.

I'm leaving for vacation in three days. In the meantime, I will try really hard to post at least daily!

No comments: