Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Languishing

This is the first day since my accident that I have been really down. You would think lazing around, knitting and stitching all day would be heavenly. And, don't get me wrong - it's not like I'm in hell or anything. I'm just tired of it all... But, I have finished a couple projects - samples for the store. One of them I've sent with my partner Cis to block and sew buttons onto, so no photo yet. But here's the other one:


This is the Whirlwind Scarf by Christine Furber, part of the iKnitiative line of patterns. It's made out of Berocco Suede. I fell in love with this scarf at The National Needlearts Association convention in June. I took a class with the owner of iKnitiative on using ribbon yarns, and she had this scarf made out of browns and blacks - way cool colorway, too.

I'm also plugging away at my Kaleidoscope Tote by Sheryl Lange. The Kaleidoscope Tote is one of our 3 Kittens Designs, but this version is for my own use - not a store sample. And, I'm working on my needlepoint. Plus, we've gotten so many new yarns in the store in the last week or so, I have a ton of gauge swatches to do. So, as you can tell, I really have nothing to complain about.

I guesss what's bothering me the most is the lack of mobility. I'm a pretty active person, and right now I'm stuck lying on the sofa with my foot propped up.


I'm trying to keep the swelling down - not really doing a very good job of it though - look at the 2nd toe on each foot! EEK! But, the pain is getting better... Anyway, I wish I could do my regular stuff - even the laundry! SIGH! I do have it bad...

No comments: