Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ouch!

I thought I would get a lot of knitting done this weekend, because we were on an antique car tour.



This is our 1907 Franklin (with my daughter in the front seat and my oldest son and nephew in the back). We joined about 20 other very early cars for a Horseless Carriage Club tour in Superior, WI and Duluth, MN. Most of the time I rode with my other son in another car, because we didn't have enough room in our car to carry everyone.

I got quite a bit of knitting done on a new sweater out of orange Berroco Touche (you may recall that originally I had tried to crochet a pattern from the newest Berroco crochet booklet out of this yarn, but the pattern was incorrect - Berroco sent me a hand-drawn chart with the correct pattern, but they have yet to put written errata on their website and I'm just not proficient at reading crochet charts). However, much of it was done while I was in the emergency room after ... I broke my leg!!

I took a little spill down a water runoff on a slope near the shore of Lake Superior and broke my tibia about 3" above my ankle and sheared off the back of my ankle bone. I'm hoping to get lots of knitting and needlepointing and crocheting done while I recuperate!! (There's always a silver lining...) I don't have a cast yet - just a splint, because I have to see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to find out if I need surgery. I hope I don't and that they can just cast it up and send me home!... I'm going to be fine, but there goes my trip to Disneyland with the kids in August as well as the Nike Women's Marathon that I was going to do with Team in Training in October. Sigh!

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

Wow! That really stinks. Sorry 'bout your marathon.