Friday, April 13, 2007

Fun in the Sun Hat

I just finished the Fun in the Sun Hat from the new Interweave Crochet magazine. We only had one skein of Debbie Bliss Cotton DK at 3 Kittens Needle Arts, which was the yarn called for in the pattern. So I decided to make it out of Louisa Harding Nautical Cotton instead. Then when I got home, I realized that I didn't have the right size hook (G), so I ended up making it with an H hook instead. But the pattern was written in such a way that I was able to adjust the size according to the my gauge with the H hook very easily. Anyway, here's a photo:


This was a quick project (a few hours at the most), and I'm planning on modifying the pattern in order to make something similar out of Frabjous Fibers Hemp yarn. I think it will turn out like a crushable straw hat. Can't wait to do it, but I've got a felting project in the works right now.
And, I finished the knitting of the Sunrise Circle Jacket. I'll start to put it together tomorrow. I can't believe it's taken me almost a year to complete this project. But then again, I have made lots of other things!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your version of this pattern!

Annette
(the designer)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, pressed Enter before filling in my URL!

(I do this all the time...)

Laura said...

Annette - Thanks! The pattern was really fun and quick to make. I would like to make another version for myself (instead of my store) in more subtle colors - maybe tone on tone blues. Or another blue & green mix that have less contrast between them. Or, it could be really cute in all white - or white & yellow. Oh, the possibilities!

Pam said...

Very Cute Hat! Even better in person! That yarn is beautiful! -Pam