Sunday, April 15, 2007

Crocheted Socks???

I've decided to make socks again. No, not knitted socks - crocheted ones! EGADS! A week or so ago we got in a shipment of Regia sock yarns at 3 Kittens, and when I was scanning the new yarns into our POS system, I fell in love with Bamboo Colors. I can't find any great photos on the web, but here's a closeup of one of the colors, albeit not the one I'm making my sock out of: It is super soft and yummy to work with. The new CrochetMe came out on Friday, and the very first pattern is for toe-up socks:

I started the socks this afternoon at the store, and although I've ripped out once because they were too big, I'm about half way finished with the foot part of the first sock. It's exciting!

By the way, if you haven't heard, Kim Piper Werker, the founder and editor of CrochetMe.com is now the new editor of Interweave Crochet which is going quarterly. I love the newest issue of Interweave Crochet - especially the Fun in the Sun Hat (see my previous post) and the Beachcomber Tunic (for which I have yarn picked out and waiting for me to purchase). And, if CrochetMe is any indication, I think Kim Werker will do a fantastic job with Interweave Crochet!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great socks!