Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Test Swatch - I Command Thee!

Okay, so I never follow my own advice!! I felted the koala (sorry, I forgot to take a photo apparently - I'll post one tommorow). He's (it's?) very cute, but I didn't do a test swatch. The Galway felted fine - I knew it would. By the Kitten mohair didn't. So the inside of the koala's ears are goofy and the chest patch is really odd - and poofy. UGH! And, I don't really want to make another one, because the pattern was pretty fussy. Oh well!


Been working a bit on the 3 Kittens website, but I'm still having problems getting two of my photos to appear on the 3 Kittens Patterns page. I've tried using different photos, but I'm still having the same problem. The photos just won't download onto the site properly. The same photos did download onto the home page just fine, so what gives? I've tried changing the size of the photos and using different photos, but I just can't figure it out. Any ideas anyone?


I've been working on a crochet shrug out of Berroco Pronto that I picked up at 3 Kittens during our November sale. The pattern is a purchased one from Lion Brand's website. Normally, I would look for a pattern in the store or on Crochetme.com, but I figured Lion Brand would probably have some easy, quick crochet with bulky yarn patterns - and I was right. Here's a photo of the back and the beginning of the sleeves:

The color doesn't look great in this photo. The yarn is actually a deep blue with a hint of green. It's really very pretty. The shrug is working up very quickly - yippee!

No comments: