Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

For all of the Americans out there, Happy Independence Day! We have not decided on our plans for the day, but I'm happy just sitting and stitching.


I am currently working hard on my crocheted bowl that I started a while ago. In case you don't remember, this is a bowl I am trying to design based on a bowl my MIL wove when she was in college (see photo at right). Originally, I thought I would crochet it (out of Noro Kureyon) with a largish hook (L?) then felt it, but that attempt wasn't too successful:








Next I tried to go down to a J hook,
which was better, but still floppy:












So now, I'm using a D hook and I'm carrying along some jewelry/beading wire (Soft Flex Medium - 49 strands). I was given the idea to carry along the wire by our Karabella rep, Kathy, whom I was telling about the original woven bowl. She asked if it was woven around some basketry fiber, and I said I didn't know, but it put the idea in my mind! I'm about half finished with the bowl; we'll see how it goes!

No comments: