Monday, June 26, 2006

Back from Santa Fe

We got back from Santa Fe and the family reunion last night. I got a ton of knitting done. I started a cardigan sweater from a pattern and yarn I picked up from Knit Wits in Chanhassen, MN. The yarn and pattern are by a company called Sassy Skein. Knit Wits had all of their Karibbean Kotton yarn in both weights, plus their pattern "kits." I call them kits because you get a great little pattern booklet, with the pattern and how-to instructions for newer knitters, plus you get the needles needed to make the sweater and any accessories needed to finish the sweater (buttons, ribbon, etc.). Knit Wits only carried children's sweater patterns, but the Sassy Skein website also shows some other children's items... I'm about half way through with the cardigan which I am making for a couple of my neices to share (one's 6 and the other is 4).

I also continued to work on the Sunrise Jacket (I think that's what it's called - from Interweave Knits). I'm almost finished with the back.

I just got back from my karate sparring class, and I should really go take a shower. Maybe after that I can do some more knitting...

No comments: