Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lorenz Manifold

I finished crocheting the Lorenz Manifold last week, and I finally got around to trying to mount it. First, the instructions for the positive z-axis seem to be off. When I inserted the central unbendable wire, it was a little wonky - no a lot wonky. So, I ended up folding the Lorenz Manifold in half according to the photo in the instructions and then re-inserted the wire. Then I did the outer bendable wires which worked great - but I realized that the central wire is way too short.

My DH says he can get a longer wire, but not tempered - in other words it will bend. He'll have to heat-treat it in order to make it unbendable. So the project is on hold until sometime next week...

WLP: Much better today... Not perfect, but better.

No comments: