Saturday, March 28, 2009

Difficulties

O.K. so here's the situation. The weight loss plan (WLP) is not going great. I have lost 2 lbs since I started two weeks ago, but I'm really having a difficult time with it. Here are the important factors:
  1. I like food. Really! I especially like sweet things. And salty things. Sweet and salty together is extra special. I think I should stop eating sugar, but it's really hard. I have done it before, but it wasn't fun and I missed it too much!
  2. I work too much. I love my job. I love owning 3 Kittens. But the truth is that it's really hard to eat well when I spend so much time at work.
  3. I don't get enough exercise - or any right now for that matter. I realized recently that in order to exercise, I really need to have a goal. When I am training for a marathon, I at least get in a few training sessions a week. When I was working towards my black belt in karate, it was easy to get motivated. I would like to go back to karate, but see #2 above. And, I'm not planning on starting to train for another marathon until May.
  4. I have a gluten intolerance. It's not too hard to eat gluten-free, but it does make it more difficult to eat quick and easy things. And fast food is almost impossible.
  5. I think I may have a thyroid issue. I've had my thyroid tested and it keeps coming back in the normal range, but I'm not convinced. My biggest symptom (other than my weight gain) is that I am tired all the time. I've even gone in for a sleep study, after which the doctor told me I just needed to get more sleep. Unfortunately, even if I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, I'm as tired as if I get 6.5-7.5 hours per night. SIGH!

Anyway, those are the issues that are plaguing me. That said, I am still going to keep trying!

No comments: