Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goal Orientation

Well, I've had it. I am way too big for my britches - literally! And, I've decided to use this blog as my daily (yes, daily) focusing tool for my new goal to lose 60 lbs. I can't believe I actually just put this out on cyber-space, but frankly something has to give, and maybe this is a way for me to be accountable...

I haven't given up on posting about knitting/crocheting/punchneedle/needlepoint. I'll still include updates on those - probably even more often now that I'll be on daily! As a matter of fact, here's a current photo of me in a vest from Classic Elite's Curvy Knits booklet that I finished in January:



And, while it's a beautiful sweater and it fits a curvy figure like mine, this photo abhors me! Look how skinny my hands look, then look at the rest of me. It's not a good thing.

How am I going to lose all those pounds? Well, first, I've signed up for Weight Watchers online. Second, I'm going to start walking again on a regular basis (now that the snow has melted). Third, I'm going to post my progress, trials, successes, etc. here daily... I'm sure other things will come up that will help me - like the support of my friends and family.

So, off we go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I'm a customer at 3K; live in Eagan and wanted to give you some encouragement. Also Wii Fit. If you have Wii. Hugs, KnitKicky