Saturday, June 02, 2007

Wish You Were Here

God, I love being a yarn store owner! My partners and I are at The National Needlearts Association (TNNA) trade show this weekend in Columbus, Ohio. I can't believe the incredible number of inspiring products I'm seeing. I want to crochet and knit and needlepoint and punch needle and... You get the idea! I'm exhausted but energized at the same time. I got to meet some wonderful designers ("rock stars") in the knitting and crochet world. Probably the neatest for me was the editor of CrochetMe.com, Kim Piper Werker, who is having her first book (aptly named Crochet Me) this fall. She was super friendly, and I was able to tell her how I've blogged about her e-zine right here. I hope she'll be able to come to the store as part of her promotional tour. Second would have to be Nicky Epstein, although I've met her before (but, sigh, she didn't remember me - go figure...). She's a delightful person. I also was lucky enough to meet Lucy Neatby, Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Iris Shrier (sp?) and Jane Ellingson. And, I'm sure I'll get to meet others tomorrow.

What fun!

1 comment:

Pam said...

WOW, sounds like a great time and I do wish I were there!!!!