Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Maude Jacket

I'm back from market. I got to meet more celebrities - Sasha Kagan who has a wonderful crochet book coming out and Adina Klein the new editor of Vogue Knitting, plus the brains behind the iKnitiative collection, Natalie Wilson.


While I was there, I worked steadily on the Maude jacket by Pam Gillette. Pam is the owner of the blog, Knotty Generation, and a fantastic designer. I am happy to say that we are in the process of coming to terms on bringing her design talents under the umbrella of 3 Kittens Designs. The first design that we will be publishing is her Maude jacket (which is currently available on her website to consumers, but will be available wholesale through us). I almost completed the jacket - it was a fun, quick project to crochet. Very simple, yet elegant. I stayed up late one night trying to get it done so I could wear it the next day, only to realize I still had one section to crochet. So, it's still not done. But it should be in a day or two. Here's a photo in process:


Of course, I should have been working on my Colinette 'Rossetti' shawl jacket

which is supposed to be done this weekend for a wedding (my sister Jenny's in San Antonio). Looks like I'll be looking for a new dress this week, since there is no way I'm going to get the shawl jacket done... SIGH! Sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Pam said...

Ooo, I love the color of yarn you are using for Maude!