Friday, March 21, 2008

Humpback Whale

I'm in sunny Florida for Spring Break with my family. We're staying near Seaside, the cute little town where the movie The Truman Show (with Jim Carrey) was filmed, at a resort community called Watercolor. This is our 6th year vacationing in Seaside and Watercolor. We've rented houses in both communities and have enjoyed both of them.


I brought 7 projects to work on!! EEK! Of course, they're all small... I've finished the first one, humpback whale I purchased from edafedd on Etsy.

I made this whale for my sister-in-law, Kristin, who is a marine biologist whose specialty is humpbacks. She loves her little whale! She says it's a pregnant female, because she's much bigger through the belly than a non-pregnant whale would be. Edafedd also has patterns for a manatee and a narwhal. They're really cute and life-like.

No comments: