Sunday, January 13, 2008

Needlepoint Fun

I've been doing a lot of needlepoint lately. Knitting, crochet & punchneedle are sidelined for a bit - except when watching t.v. when the knitting comes back out. I've been working on a Blackberry holder for a while out of Soy Luster, a 100% soy floss:


This project has not been always fun, but I'm into it right now, and it's going quickly.

The fun project is this one I'm making for a friend:


I'm changing the floor tile color (the gold) to something else, but I'm waiting for the background color to arrive from a special order before I choose what to use. The gold just competes too much with the dress, so I want something more subtle... Eventually, this will be a pillow.

I've got several knitting projects still going: my Einstein coat, a child's sweater, my 8-year afghan, etc. In terms of crochet, I've got two projects going - my toe up socks and a Louet Kid Mohair sweater from the cover of the Fall Interweave Crochet. I completed a series of snowmen with punchneedle, but I'm trying to decide if I should make one more. One snowman has a floppy hat, one has a stocking cap, one has a cowboy hat, and I'm thinking of making one with a sombrero.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your All Stressed out pillow project. Is this your own design or a kit?

Jenniferstewart1AThotmail.com

Laura said...

Jennifer - I wish it were my own design, but no. The canvas is a handpainted canvas by Pam Warden (Maggie Co). I picked the threads based on the painted canvas and chose the stitch patterns to use. Unfortunately, I haven't progressed too much further on it. The background is taking a long time to finish. By the way, I am one of the owners of 3 Kittens Needle Arts, so if you wanted to find out more about the canvas you can call me or email me. Our website address is www.3kittensneedlearts.com.

Thanks!