Monday, February 27, 2006

A New Me

This is my first blog, so please be patient. Right now I have two main things I want to disucss in this blog -- this may change! The first is knitting and the second is personal fitness.

I am an avid knitter. I've been working on a project for the Knitting Olympics. I got all of the knitting and sewing up done before the Closing Ceremonies were over last night, but I still have the trim to do - crochet - not my strong suit! I hope to finish the project today, and I'll post a photo as soon as I can.

The personal fitness area is the difficult one right now. Back in September 2005 I joined Weight Watchers (WW) to lose 50 lbs. I still can't believe I needed to lose 50 lbs. I had lots of success at first, so by the end of December I had lost 27 lbs. But due to some very stressful times, I turned to food to cope, and now I've gained 11 lbs. back. I'm recommitting today though, and I'm hoping that blogging about it will give me an added incentive to continue... I also think of exercise as part of my fitness. I currently do karate 3-4 times per week (I'm a brown belt with a black stripe), and I power walk several times each week.

More later...

No comments: